Table of Contents
After The Field
Before leaving each night run a quick check of equipment:
- Are all controlled substances accounted for?
- All sharps disposed of?
- Ensure no traps are set.
- Is paperwork organized and complete?
- Is all other equipment accounted for?
- PIT reader, guns, and tags, GPS, scales
- Lights, pens, papers, anything else
- Lock controlled substances in safe and dispose of sharps
- Remember to charge/change batteries
At the end of the trapping week
- Wash raccoon cover sheets and disinfect or replace table covers
- Have all paperwork organized and ready to enter
- Collect, clean, collapse all traps. Disinfect with spray bottle of chlorhexidine, sit for 10 minutes, and wash with hose.
- Autoclave sharps and biohazards
- Run a supply check